Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pate Brisee (Sweet or Savory Pie Crust)

(Sorry, no picture this time, but I promise I will for the desserts later)



Pate Brisee (For sweest and savory crusts)


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour (and plenty more for kneading, or rolling)
1 cup (two sticks, 8 ounces) Butter, very cold, cubed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
6-8 tablespoons ice water 


Method:

1. Combine flour, butter, salt, and sugar in food processor. Pulse until butter becomes little beads. 

2. Add water,1 tablespoon at a time until dough forms together when squeezed in your hand.

3. Turn out onto floured surface and knead until cohesive ball forms. break in half, roll into balls, wrap, and let rest in the fridge for a minimum of one hour. (Up to one day.) If you chose, you may also freeze immediately for a month. 

4. After the dough has rested, liberally flour surface. Roll out to desired thickness.



I'm sorry I forgot to get pictures of this first. I used this for mini cherry pies that I will upload  later today. This crust recipe is very versatile and works well with egg wash. I hope at least some of you will find this useful. Enjoy!!

Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment