Sunday, August 5, 2012

Monday's Donut Kickoff Post

  Welcome to my new blog, Monday's Donut! My expectations for this blog are very high, and I would love to share my journey with you. The main purpose of this blog is to chronicle my cooking adventures, and a little hodge-podge of everything else.

  First off, I will tell you a little about my self. My name is Alissa Shape, fondly called Wittah or Awittah by my two (soon to be three) year old cousin Asher. I currently live in Andover, Minnesota with my mom, Susie (45), and my sister Claire (14.) My life story is a little boring; I've lived in the same house all of my life, but, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love cooking, even though I am an obese eighteen year old woman. (It feels weird to call myself that.) I'm not as independent and empowered as I should be, but I'm getting there. 

  My interests and hobbies also include music and fashion. I have been playing the viola for seven years and had a love hate relationship with it. As for the fashion, I love looking at all the magazines and looking forward to the day that I will finally fit into all the clothing I dream of. I love hanging out with my family and family friends. I prefer it over hanging out with my peer/school friends. It feels more natural for me.

  My travels include New York City, France, Iceland, Germany and Austria. I went to New York when I was a freshman in High School. I went to France and stopped in Iceland the summer after my junior year. We went to Keflavik, Paris, Chartres, Amboise, Bayeux, Tours, Caen, Honfleur, Saint Malo, upon others. During my Senior spring break, I traveled with ANDHS Concert Choir and Orchestra to Munich, Rothenburg, Dinkelsbuhl, Marktheidelfeld, Frankfurt, Salzburg, Innsbruck and a couple other towns. The history was simply amazing.
 
  Here comes the part I don't like talking about. I am very emotionally insecure. I have been on depression medication for almost three years after I attempted to kill myself in the 10th grade. Now, it has ebbed and flowed into almost paralyzing anxiety, due to upcoming college. I will be attending Minnesota State University, Mankato in Mankato, Minnesota for Hematology and Clinical Lab Science (a Biology, premed, major.)

  With all that aside, welcome again, and I hope you enjoy my blog!

 Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment